[N] is for Nickelback and/or Nuts

[Rant alert] Yes. Nickelback…and get over it. I am too old to be told what I should like and what I should hate and I am quite capable of forming my own opinion, thank you very much. [Rant over]

Don’t worry, I am not going to start a war with you. I will not try to persuade you about my musical tastes. I will not make you listen to music you are not fond of either. There are plenty of musicians I am not a fan of myself. But it doesn’t give me the right to spread hate.

Recently, I have read an article on internet (one that will seduce you with twenty fantastical titles at the end and you find yourself spending hours reading totally irrelevant mash of information you forget the second you move onto the next one) and it was called something similar to ’10 signs that your girlfriend is nuts’. One of those signs according to the article was listening to Nickelback. Which I guess makes me nuts. I am not arguing with the result. I think I am nuts. I am nuts because I walked 100km nonstop with a stress fracture of tibia. I am nuts because I will walk 100km nonstop this year again (hopefully without acquiring a broken leg). My mental state is something of a question, I am reading internet articles of dubious nature after all. HoweverI don’t consider myself crazy for listening to rock music.

Like what you like as long as it makes you happy and no one else miserable.

N in the A to Z challenge.

A2Z-BADGE-0002014-small_zps8300775c

6 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Rhonda Parrish
    Apr 16, 2014 @ 20:16:28

I’m not really a Nickelback fan, but I do feel like they are unnecessarily persecuted and picked on. So… there’s that…

2. Marci
    Apr 16, 2014 @ 21:07:37

Ummm – I may have a Nickleback CD or two in my music collection. But I too am probably nuts. Nickleback: is it the cause or the symptom of insanity? That’s probably irrelevant, but I never understood why people hate them so much. 😉

3. Silvia Writes
    Apr 16, 2014 @ 22:16:38

I’ve heard at least two of their songs, but don’t remember the name of either, although I do remember the lyrics from one (or at least partially — something to do with the bottom of the bottle). Yes, everyone should listen to what they like. Period. Amen. 🙂

4. trentpmcd
    Apr 19, 2014 @ 13:57:26

Walking 100 Km? You say nonstop, so does that mean in one day? Do you have a post for it or are you waiting for W (walk)?

• evamarasca
      Apr 21, 2014 @ 21:11:27

Yep. Day and a bit, I did it just under 28 hours. It was tough. I am playing with the idea to write about the experience but I think I will keep outside the AtoZ. I have a feeling it will be one of those post that will require quite som time working on.

5. evamarasca
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 19:32:42

I’m having one of those eat your hat moments…their new album sucks. Big time.