I have been nominated for the Liebster Award. I am a skeptic. If I win an award, there is something behind it. You know, someone wants something kind of thing. Maybe that is not skepticism but paranoia but anyway, Awards = Suspicion. So why have I decided to accept this one?
Secondly, one of the conditions is to answer the nominator’s questions – and I actually wanted to answer Marci’s.
Thirdly, I must tell you 11 random things about myself, which feels very liberating for a skeptic/paranoid individual like myself.
Fourthly, I have to nominate five to ten other blogs – which means reading and discovering other people (and hope they are not as cynical as myself) which is actually the whole point of blogging community.
Fifthly, I can ask them eleven silly questions in return!
There are rules. Of course. I will start with those.
1. Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 question asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Pick 5 – 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate. Do not re-nominate the blogger who nominated you.
5. Ask them 11 new questions.
6. Go to each blogger’s site and inform them of their nomination.
Rule number one is competed. Now to rule number two – 11 random facts about myself:
1. I find colouring books therapeutic and most of the time I colour the pictures to my liking, reality be damned.
2. I played Tetris to level 15 and finished it. The game claimed to have only 10 levels.
3. I have to change something about my living arrangements roughly every six months – redecorating my room, reshuffling the furniture or moving to a new place. In the past ten years I lived at nine different addresses.
4. I find men wearing different coloured socks strangely attractive.
5. ~ is my newest addiction. I change my addictions. All except the coffee. I am faithful to coffee.
6. I have tried to track down the beginnings of the Liebster Award.
7. I write best with a glass of wine and talking to myself in third person. Aloud.
8. I had to look up how to spell ‘fourthly’…..actually I have to look up quite a lot of words.
9. I have fairy lights and dream of ceilings that can handle chandeliers.
10. I can’t ride a bicycle. I have tried. I have scars to prove it. I will learn it one day.
11. One of the things on this list is a lie.
Rule number three – answer the nominator’s questions – now this is fun!
1.Why did you decide to start writing your blog?
For all the wrong reasons. But I’ve learned.
2. In one sentence, describe what your blog is about. There’s a twist, though: don’t use any personal or possessive pronouns!
It is work in progress.
3. What is your earliest memory?
Asking my mom for tea. I hated milk at a very early age. Of course everything changed when I discovered coffee.
4. Do you dream? If so, do you dream in colour or black and white?
I do dream. When I dream consciously, it is in colour, otherwise in grayscale.
5. if you could only make one journey during your lifetime, but it could be to anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
I would go straight ahead at an angle. That way there is a chance I would see the whole world.
6. What is one of your guilty pleasures (and this had better be good…I want something really embarrassing!)?
None of my pleasures are guilty. Sorry. Except watching entertainment TV – anything that has countdowns of silly things.
7. Pick one: the Harry Potter series or the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Follow-up to what you picked: books or movies?
Lord of the Rings. Films. Liv Tyler.
8. What is your favourite holiday, and if it’s NOT Halloween, why?
I’m not picky but Halloween is not my favourite because you don’t get a day off.
9. List three words that describe your personality.
I’m sure there is a diagnosis for me with three words but I am too scared to get me checked out.
10. What is your favourite thing about how you earn a living?
Paycheque. But the people are work with are not bad either.
11. If you could live in any time period (past, present or future), when and where would you be?
And the nominees for the Liebster award are:
1. My Words As Weapons because there is never enough poetry.
3. Kris’s Chaotic Random Insights and Rambles because I like random.
4. Words and Lines because I loved his self discovering theme.
5. A MaeDay Life because of her poems and positivity.
6. Espressopinions because opinions over an espresso are the best.
7. Silvia Writes because she has introduced me to a new culture.
So you poor souls, if you accept the nomination, expect hard but fun work and hope you will like my 11 questions:
1. Which random fact about myself in this post do you think is a lie?
2. What is your favourite breakfast food? (If you are not eating breakfast, you should start. Just saying.)
3. If you could spend a day in a body of different gender, what would be the first thing you would do?
4. What is your favourite animal and what do you think you have in common with this animal (physical or behavioural)?
5. What are you most afraid of?
6. Who is your favourite female hero – can be real or fictional – and why?
7. If you could, what physical object would you wipe out of existence?
8. Life on other planets – possible or not?
9. What song are you listening to right now or what song was the last you’ve heard?
10. Your favourite acronym.
11. Would you prefer to know how to fly or how to breathe under water?
So that’s it folks. I am now going to harass the nominees. Have fun!